Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Six Pack for Summer


With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, I thought it appropriate to address the fact that women aren't the only ones concerned about their beach bods. Don't worry guys, it happens to the best of men - your six-pack abs have seen too many 6-packs of beer and are now lost underneath a layer of winter blubber. You'd think that the warm weather would jumpstart your dedication to the gym but somehow it just seems more conducive to day drinking... and believe me, from personal experience, margaritas do nothing to help your belly flub. So, when I saw that Billy Jealousy, in the brand's fantastic edgy style, had come up with the clearly named, SIX-PACK Slimming Solution, a product promising to tone, tighten & chisel the ab region, I had to try it out (for the sake of research of course!) http://www.billyjealousy.com/categories/body/products/six-pack.

Now, I'm no stranger to Bliss' FatGirlSlim http://www.blissworld.com/bliss-fatgirlslim/ (guys, I bet if you searched in your lady friend's medicine cabinet, you'd find this iconic tub squirreled away somewhere)... & I thought it interesting that there was a male equivalent of this on the market. So before you resign yourself to playing the Fat-Funny-Guy role in your efforts to get chicks this summer, hear me out about this product. Billy Jealousy claims that this is a "powerful resotrative cream that helps your lymphatic system detoxify your body & remove fat, while natural caffeines enhance the breakdown of fat" - hefty claims, no? As expected, this is no miracle-worker. You can't just sit on your lazy butt rubbing this stuff all over your beer gut twice daily (as they recommend) & expect to wake up looking like Ryan Gosling from Crazy, Stupid, Love. But I have to say, when I slathered the cream all over my body (heck, why just stop at the belly blubber?), I FELT much tighter & more toned. I guarantee that my boyfriend didnt' notice that I was looking especially svelte, but the way that I felt definitely gave me more confidence - and when you're strutting your stuff in essentially underwear on the beach, confidence is key.

So the bottomline here is: Go to the gym, eat healthy & why the heck not shell out the $44.00 to give yourself that little edge of confidence you'll get from feeling tight, toned & chiseled. Oh, and maybe stick to 3 beers instead of slinging back the whole 6-pack... not only will that small effort make re-discovering your own six-pack abs easier, you can share the other 3 with that cute little lady eyeing you from across the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment