Friday, July 27, 2012

For Safe Styling, Use Protection


There are a lot of things I do that I know aren't good for me, but I do them anyways. Most of these vices are pretty standard - not getting enough beauty rest, imbibing past the point of tipsy, fried food, the occasional nip of a cig... (these last two I blame on the second vice listed). But there is one thing that I can cross off of my bad-things-I-do list... damaging my hair with the blast of the blowdryer & clamp of the flatiron. Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray does exactly what the name says & it's fantastic http://www.oscarblandi.com/product_detail.php?pid=54. I've used more than a few products that claim to protect my tresses from the extreme measures I put them through all too frequently, but this is the first that I can actually feel working.

The great thing about this spray is that you can (& should!) use it on both damp & dry hair. Other heat protect products are only to be used on wet hair before blow drying or on dry hair before styling with a hot tool... but that always annoyed me because why am I only protecting my hair for one part of the one-two damage punch? I sprayed the Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray on my damp hair right out of the shower & then blew it dry (high power, high heat, high damage potential). Instead of being a giant frizz-fro when I was done, my hair was soft & smooth - and I was hooked. I actually barely had to touch it up with my flatiron! But of course, in the name of research, I had to test out its capabilities on dried hair too. I was nervous to spray it on my hair because in the past other products added moisture to my dried hair & caused that horrible sizzle-of-damage with the touch of the flat iron... but the Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray was totally different - in a good way. It went on completely dry, left no residue & instead of looking  fried & flattened when I was done, my hair actually looked healthy, smooth & soft! No frizzies, flyaways or all that other jazz my poor damaged hair usually has after I torture it with heat styling.

For any lady who ever uses a blowdryer, flat iron, curling iron, hot rollers or any other tool that scares any man in your life who has ever watched you do your hair - this product is an absolute MUST. And an added bonus - it protects up to 450 degrees! You don't think your hot tool gets that hot? You're wrong. It does. And your poor hair is begging for you to run out & buy Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment