Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sunscreen Savior


I have a confession to make. I am a skincare junkie but I HATE sunscreen. I know this sounds contradictory because everyone who is concerned about their skin won't utter two words about skincare without talking about SPF. Yes, I know, it's important for preventing all those signs of aging I never want to encounter (hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, suspicious moles etc.). But the fact of the matter is that I absolutely despise slathering the stuff on my body. I hate having to stand there gooping it on from head to toe. I hate those dumb little areas that I always miss (tops of my feet, my ears etc.) that always turn redder than the rest of my bod. I hate how greasy it feels. And I especially hate smelling like cheap coconuts & the Coppertone kid combined. Gross.

My abhorrence for sunscreen got even stronger after a beach trip awhile back when upon my return, I found that my bottle of sunscreen that I had carelessly thrown loose in my bag had leaked & gotten the crap all over my clothes. I thought that sealed the nail in the coffin for me at ever attempting to melt the fiery hatred I have for the stuff. Fast forward a year or so & I'm packing for a recent trip to Florida & am rummaging around in one of my many "product drawers" in my tiny apartment & come across what I thought (in my late night packing stupor) was a pack of my make-up remover wipes. Upon closer inspection I realized that this pack of wipes was actually SUNSCREEN (gasp!). Obviously a freebie sample that I have never used, I decided that there was no time like the present, and threw the pack of wipes into my bag to come to FL with me.

The bright yellow packaging made them hard to ignore when I was suiting up to hit the pool, so I decided to suck it up & try one out. Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes are the real deal. http://www.supergoop.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=11. I can no longer say that blanket statement that I hate all sunscreen... now I just say that I hate all sunscreen BESIDES Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes. One swipe is enough product to cover you from head to toe. There is no greasy feel, no gross smell, no lotion globbing all over the place. These are quick, easy to use & incredible. They're formulated with antioxidant-rich green tea extracts to deflect free radicals, and Vitamins C and E to keep skin moisturized - the feel is light, soft & fresh, not at all like any other sunscreen application I've ever had! Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes have no parabens or irritating chemicals so you can use them on your face & even on the kiddos. It's safe to say that I've officially changed my tune about sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment